10 Blogging Goals: December
Now that we have moved into December, the last month of the year, holy cow, where did the time go?! Anyway, I enjoyed my challenge that I created for myself last month with my 15 Blogging Goal: November post. Call me crazy, but I decided to try again and create 10 blogging goals for December. I am doing this because it helped me keep my blog in the forefront of my mind, rather than a hobby to work on when I have time. It was more than I have done since launching my blog. I made the mindful choice last month to spend as much time as I could on my blog. It was a lot of work, but I enjoyed it.
I was a little overzealous in creating my goals for November. I made too many and wasn’t able to achieve all of them. There were just too many things that I wanted to work on, and I wanted to get started on all of them. For me, when I get an idea, I have to start working on it right then and there. By doing this, I tend to get in a little over my head. I also just wanted to see what I could do in a month. I ended up only achieving roughly 9 of the 15 goals. You can see the breakdown of my results here.
So, for December, I decided to narrow down my focus a little more. I want to keep going with the goals that did work for me in November but also add a couple of new goals.
- One post per week: I am going to attempt this again. I did do four blog posts for November, but they were posted more than 10 days apart rather than once a week. This month, I am going to strive to have new posts every Monday.
- Post to 5 Facebook Groups Daily: I was able to do this in November, and this is where I get almost all my traffic, so I will continue to do this. I am going to look back at my Facebook Group Trackers from November and see which groups had the best results for my blog and social media platforms. This will help me plan out in what groups I will post during December. Some groups had a lot of follow/unfollow activity, which is no fault of the group itself. It happens, it stinks, but it happens.
- Utilize Buffer: I will continue to keep my buffer queue filled so that there will be constant activity on my social media platforms. This didn’t require much work on my part, but it did help in gaining followers and blog traffic.
- Utilize Coschedule: I will continue to plan my blog posts and social media posts through Coschedule. It is super helpful with the headline analyzer and helps keep track of when what was posted and to where.
Pinterest and my email list are my two main focuses for December. By improving my Pinterest, I am hoping to gain traffic and subscribers. My final six goals will focus on these two main areas.
5. Join 10 Pinterest Groups: I didn’t have much success with joining groups in November. I emailed hosts asking to join, but a lot of them didn’t get back to me. I will continue to try.
6. Pinterest e-courses/webinars: I think I have 4 or 5 e-courses and webinars in my inbox regarding Pinterest. I will complete these courses and utilize them to create a more successful Pinterest account.
7. Content Upgrades: I will do content upgrades on at least 3 of my old posts.
8. Mailchimp: I will create new emails to send to subscribers regarding my posts each week.
9. Newsletter: Since I have yet to create a newsletter I will work on with this month for January. I don’t think I will be able to create one quick enough to go out for December, so I will give myself a little more time and create one to be sent out beginning in January.
10. Email e-courses/webinars: I will take at least 2 of the email e-courses or webinars that are in my inbox. They can also help give me ideas of what to send to my subscribers in between new posts.
There you have it. My goals for December. I feel that I will have more time this month because my grad classes will end mid-December and not start again until January. This will give me more free time to focus without having the pull of homework. This will be super helpful!
What are your goals for December? Do you have any advice for the goals I have set up for myself?