Now that November has come to a close, I thought I would give you guys an update on how I did with my 15 Blogging Goals I set for myself for November. I created the post to help me be accountable for my success or lack thereof, in my blogging journey this month. I am happy with my goal results, even though I am sure they could have been better. My results show me that I put forth the effort and that there is something to show for that. Who wouldn’t be happy about that?
Here is a quick recap of what my 15 blogging goals were for November and the results:
- Create one post a week: Win and fail; I didn’t post once a week, but every 8-10 days, and I continued to promote posts daily in social media.
- Create two freebies for the month: Fail; I only created 1 in the Twitter Chat post.
- Increase page views by 5000: Fail, I have only gotten just over half, 2545 views, which is still the most I’ve ever had, so I’m happy.
- Utilize CoSchedule: Win; I did plan out my posts, even if I didn’t get them in on time. I also utilized the social media posting on this site as well.
- Create new emails for current subscribers: Fail; I still haven’t done this. Gaining subscribers will be the primary focus for December.
- Increase subscribers by 100: Fail; only increase to 35. Hopefully, I can continue to increase this in December.
- Improve SEO on old blog posts: Win; I did improve the SEO on all my old blog posts and also created meta tags. Yea Me!
- Each Monday, plan all social media posts and schedule through Buffer: Win; I filled Buffer every chance I got, there were some lapses, but for the most part, my social media posts were consistent.
- Gain 300 new followers each on Instagram and Twitter: Fail; I was at 356 Instagram and 331 Twitter followers a month ago, as of today I now have 600 Instagram and 520 Twitter followers. It’s hard when people keep following/unfollowing, but what can you do.
- Each Monday, fill Boardbooster for the week: Win; my Boardbooster was so full that first Monday in November, that I haven’t added anything to it and it is still posting. I also signed back up for Tailwind because I like their analytics.
- Join 15 more Pinterest Group Boards: Fail; I emailed 15-20 board owners, but a lot of them never responded. I did get on to 5 more, so I am part of 9 groups total now.
- Gain 100 new Pinterest followers: Win; I started the month at 140 but have increased that to 425. Woo Hoo!!!
- Post in a minimum of 5 Facebook Groups daily: Win; I was able to do this, I did, however, take the weekends off.
- Gain 100 new Facebook Page Likes: Win; I started with 62 likes on my page, but that has increased to 278.
- Utilize those email courses: Win; I got through at least one course or webinar a week. I can’t wait to start others in my inbox.